OLYMPIC GAMES in numbers: 10,490 athletes, 2 million visitors, 70 sheep at the opening ceremony!
From the 10,490 athletes expected in London to the 70 sheep flock who will attend the opening ceremony, a tour in numbers of the Olympics in London:
Olympic Stadium birdeye view
Olympics London 2012 Athletics
London Olympic Games 2012
11 million tickets were issued for the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, of which 6.60 million for British viewers. 75 percent were sold in the United Kingdom. The rest was divided between the IOC, sponsors and national committees.
- 9.3 billion pounds was spent for organizing the Olympic Games. It's almost four times the price tag when accepting candidacy London in 2005. Initial budgets established for security and opening and closing ceremonies were doubled. The security now reach 553 million pounds, while that for ceremonies 81 million pounds.
- 10,490 athletes, from 26 sports enrolled the Olympics, will compete in 302 samples. They will be subjected to 5,000 doping tests.
- 1 million sports items will be needed for these games, including 26,400 tennis balls, 600 basketballs and 6,000 targets for archery.
- 150,000 condoms will be available for the participants in the Olympic village.
- 34 venues are set in the UK for the Olympics, of which nine in Olympic Park, located in east London. It took three years and 10,000 tons of steel to build the Olympic stadium, located in the center of the park.
- 10,000 temporary toilets have been installed at these 34 places, "sufficient for all Maltese population", according to organizers.
- 2 million visitors are expected in London for the Olympics.
- 14 million meals will be served during the Olympics. 232 tons of potatoes, 100 tons of meat, 75,000 liters of milk and 330 tons of fruit and vegetables are provided for feeding athletes. McDonald's, which has his largest restaurant in the world in Olympic village, that would sell 50,000 Big Macs, 180,000 of French fries and 30,000 milkshakes.
- 46,000 workers built the park and Olympic village. In total, 200,000 people are mobilized for the Olympics, of which 100,000 employees and 70,000 volunteers.
- 12,875 miles is the total distance of the torch during the Olympic before arriving at the stadium for the opening of Olympic Games.
- 70 sheep, 12 horses, 3 cows, 2 goats, 10 chickens and 3 dogs will appear at the opening ceremony on the Olympic Stadium.
See below some pics about Olympics.
olympic games 2012
FULL IMAGE GALLERY