10 shocking revelations of a stewardess!
Finnair New cabin crew uniform 2012
Boeing 747 flight attendant
Flight attendant makeup
Heather Poole, former flight attendant to the aircraft for 15 years, according to Business Insider 10 secrets of flight attendant's job.
1. While the aircraft door is open, flight attendants are not paid. The aircraft crew is paid only for hours of flight. For hours on the ground at an airport, a flight attendant receives $ 1.5 per hour.
2. Competition is fierce for the posts of flight attendant. The airline Delta announced 1,000 vacancies in 2010, and received more than 100,000 applications. Neither at Harvard is not that much competition, says Poole.
3. In the 60's, the glory of Pan Am, stewardesses were strict requirements: it must be a minimum of 1.57 m, not more than 59kg, not more than 32 years and were not allowed to be married or have children.
4. Attendants can be dismissed for bizarre reasons. Heather Poole recalls how an employee has lost her job because she has the uniform sweater tied around her waist. If an attendant is announced ill, is not allowed to ride in any plane, even as a passenger.
5. Of all the drinks served, Diet Coke is the greatest enemy of the stewardesses, for the longest time to be poured - fizzy bubbles don't quench at height.
6. Attendants are watching those who attempt to board the dead. Some try to sneak on board deceased relatives say they are just sick to avoid the high costs of air transport corpses of almost $ 5000.
7. Do not listen to the crew members can make responsible before the law.
8. Crew on board are the first line of defense against human trafficking. Attendants working in collaboration with the police, if they see some suspicious things, they must notify the police.
9. Senior stewardesses are wearing shorter skirts. The beginners are not allowed to shorten the length of her skirt. Also, the rank of a stewardess dictate what routes they can fly, free days and the best place in the apartment of the crew.
10. Some companies don't consider air turbulence other than those extreme cases where the pilot lost control of the plane or structural damage occur. Interestingly, the stewardesses wounds suffered during the turbulence are not considered work accidents.
FULL IMAGE GALLERY